Hosting a Bridal shower?
Need some game ideas?
Here are 5 game ideas--complete with free downloadable printables:
Oh...and not to be a copyright police or anything....
but please use my printables for personal use only okay? okay.
annnnd if someone sees a printable you downloaded off this blog and is like "hey! where'd you get that?!" please help me support my blog and say "on this chick's blog that likes giving away free printables!!" okay? okay. you guys are sooo cool, thanks!
SOMEDAY, I would like to become the "asian martha stewart" and do this for a living--and monopolize every line of craft/art/supplies with my own designs...HA....SOMEDAY. i hope. okay pray for me haha.
BUT until then, I'll stick to my wee blog~
OKAY, I babbled long enough....ON WITH THE GAMES!
These game ideas are not my own--I've played them at other bridal showers--the only thing I own/designed are the graphics. (Three different colors to choose from for each file!)
You can download each file by clicking on the links located under each picture~
1. Icebreaker: Purse Scavenger Hunt
Get into teams and try to fill out the entire card with a group member's name. Set a time limit--and whichever group gets the most items (or first group to finish) wins!
Other games we played that don't need printables:
4. Collect your BLING
Plastic diamond rings were passed out to everyone. During the entire shower, you were not allowed to say the words "wedding, bride, groom or honeymoon" if you do, you must give your ring to whoever caught you. The person with the most "bling" at the end of the event wins!
5. How well do you know your GROOM
Questions about the groom (get the answers from the groom first) are asked to the bride. Every time the bride gets an answer wrong she must chew bubblegum! You can pass out the questions to your guests so they can ask and be a part of the fun!
DAAANG, we played a lot of games....haha
And a post about a bridal shower would not be complete if I didn't talk about the actual event RIGHT?
right. I was only able to snap a few decent pictures the day of--gotta love the iphone ;)
A CLOSER LOOK AT THE PLACE SETTING:
- CUPS: mason jars with paper straws (flags)--yes each one hand cut and glued to each straw. Ribbons on the rims. For a lot of the girls--this was their first time seeing a mason jar used as cups--they thought it was so clever! (thank you pinterest)
- PRINTABLES: all the games/activities printed and bundled together with ribbon
- FAVORS: flower pens in mini pots so that they can use it for all the activities/games
- NAMECARDS: printed bible verses + names and cut them with my small circle cutter--cut backings--then taped stir sticks.
- COASTERS: yes, I know, I always use my scalloped puncher for this--but what can I say--it's so easy peasy.
and because i heart mason jars--i'm posting this picture again. ha!
There were a lot of other details (banners, foods, gifts) that I didn't mention--but this blog post was more for the printables than anything--so hope it helps if you're planning a shower soon!
It was definitely LOTS of fun to plan/execute--the other ladies in the bridal party were a blessing to serve with (love you girls!). And of course, the bride--she's the best, and I would do anything for that girl. <3